Table of Contents
- What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil??
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits
- 1. Strengthens Hair
- 2. Stops Hair Breakage
- 3. Moisturizes Hair
- 4. Prevents Dry Hair
- 5. Treats Dull and Damaged Hair
- 6. Encourages Thick Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- 7. Treats Split Ends
- 8. Helps Growth of Bread
- 9. Treats Chapped Lips
- 10. Prevents Acne
- 11. Treats Infections
- 12. Reduces the Signs of Aging and Moisturizes the Skin
- 13. Heals Scars
- 14. Improves Respiratory System:
- 15. Increases Digestion:
- 16. Cures Insomnia
- 17. Gives Relief from Menstrual Cramps
- 18. Reduces Joint and Muscle Pains
- How to Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- 1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Moisturising
- 2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Strengthening
- 3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- 4. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Breakage:
- 5. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Split Ends:
- 6. Black Castor Oil for Dry Hair:
- 7. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Damaged and Dull Hair:
- 8. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Beard Growth:
- 9. Jamaican Castor Oil for Acne
- 10. Black Castor Oil for Chapped Lips
- 11. Black Castor Oil for Reducing Aging Signs
- 12. Jamaican Castor Oil for Treating Infections
- 13. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Healing Scars
- 14. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Respiratory Health
- 15. Jamaican Castor Oil for Digestive Ailments
- 16. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Muscle and Joint Pain
- 17. Black Castor Oil for Insomnia
- 18. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Menstrual Cramps
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Side Effects
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil FAQs
Castor Oil is known for centuries for treating many hair and skin problems. But, have you heard of Jamaican Black Castor Oil?? It is a different kind of castor oil and in fact it is said to be superior to the regular castor oil for skin and overall health. Jamaican black castor oil is unique and it has few differences when compared to regular castor oil. Let us discuss in detailed about their differences and majorly the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits for hair, skin and health here. So, continue reading this post.
What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil??
Let us start by knowing about the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, its differences and move on its benefits of Jamaican black castor oil.
As said, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a variant or special type of castor oil. It is made or extracted in a traditional method but in a different way compared to castor oil. The process includes, gently roasting of the high quality castor beans and pulverizing in a motor. Then water is added to it and the beans that are mashed are boiled in a slow flame on wood fire. The final result of it is a thick, pure and dark brown castor oil which is nothing but Jamaican Castor Oil. The processing method here is different from natural castor oil and this is the main difference between regular castor oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
The roasting process is gentle and processed in order to preserve its balance and natural magic. This oil is rich in Omega Fatty Acids, Vitamin E and Minerals. It is more powerful and potent compared to the natural castor oil as it is raw. No other ingredients or chemicals or any other impurities are not added to this oil. So, it is the purest oil that can be used for skin and hair treatments.
Differences between Regular Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Apart from the processing method, few other major differences between the natural castor oil and Jamaican Black Castor oil are the color and the pH level. Jamaican black castor oil is black or dark brown in color whereas, castor oil is yellow in color. The pH level of the oil is determined by the method of processing the oil. So, when it comes to pH level, the Jamaican Black castor oil is alkaline as it contain ashes whereas, castor oil is acidic slightly.
Jamaican black castor oil is preferred by many people over other variants as it has many health benefits and has upper hand compared to other variants. It is best over other castor oils, because it is prepared without adding more chemicals or the chemical processing is less than the other varieties. However, every variety of castor oil have their own benefits, but this is the most picked variant as it has more distinct advantages for skin, health and hair.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits
Now it’s time for us to discuss about the amazing Jamaican black castor oil benefits and how to use this oil to get those benefits.
–> Benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil for hair
Applying Jamaican Black Castor oil for hair in a proper way would be a complete hair treatment and it cures almost all hair problems. Now, check different ways of using the hair for various hair issues.
1. Strengthens Hair
Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth and strong hair is major benefit of this oil. The Omega-6 fatty acids and the Omega-9 fatty acids (ricinoleic acid) present in the Jamaican Black castor oil increases the blood circulation to the hair scalp thus improves the hair growth. It even makes the hair roots strong and the scalp gets nourished thus treats the hair thinning. Finally, it makes your hair look fuller, thicker and shiner.
2. Stops Hair Breakage
As per few references from the individuals who used this oil, it is known that using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil regularly prevents the breakage of hair. However, there is no enough research on this benefit.
3. Moisturizes Hair
There are main nutrients in the Jamaican Black Castor oil such as, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E which plays a crucial role in moisturizing the hair and treats the problems such as dandruff and itchy scalp. This is one of the main Jamaican black castor oil benefits for hair that one can have when used properly. The antioxidants present in this oil supports the hair keratin thus making the hair less frizzy and smother.
4. Prevents Dry Hair
Improper hair care and diet leads to the dry hair which can be effectively treated by applying this amazing oil. Check how to use section, to know the how you can properly use this oil for eliminating the dry hair.
5. Treats Dull and Damaged Hair
Jamaican Black Castor Oil also acts as a good conditioner for hair treating dull and damaged hair. It is also considered as best hair regrowth oil which is a one of the great benefits of Jamaican black castor oil.
6. Encourages Thick Eyebrows and Eyelashes
The ricinoleic acid present in the Jamaican black castor oil improves the growth of eyebrows and eyelashes by nurturing the follicles of the hair. Thus, it gives volume to your eye brows and eye lashes. Jamaican black castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes is known to be one of the effective benefits for hair.
7. Treats Split Ends
Split ends make the hair worst with time. Split ends even stops the growth of the hair properly. But, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is with you. This effectively treats the problem and make your hair split free.
8. Helps Growth of Bread
As said, Jamaican Black Castor Oil works wonder in making the hair thick and stimulates the hair growth. The high amounts of Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, mineral, vitamins and proteins and especially the ricinoleic acid makes the beard growth in healthy environment.
–> Benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Skin
Maintaining good skin tone has been crucial for many people today. However, using the natural ingredients like Jamaican Black Castor Oil in the skin treatment would give you effective results than the chemical products. Few benefits of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil for the skin are as follows.
9. Treats Chapped Lips
One can use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil in treating the chapped lips. As lips are the main attraction of the face, a good miniaturisation is required for it to look soft and good. So, make use of this oil and keep maintain them well.
10. Prevents Acne
Omega-9 fatty acids present in the Jamaican Black castor oil can just do wonders in treating the acne. It does magic on your skin and gives you acne free and spot free skin. Check how to use Jamaican black castor oil for acne below and follow it to get clear skin.
11. Treats Infections
The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties present in the Jamaican Black Castor Oil are helpful in treating infections caused to skin and it also stops the spreading of the bacteria present on the skin. As the oil is natural, it is absorbed by the skin directly and enhances the flow of blood. You can also use the oil to treat moles, fingernail fungus and toenails.
12. Reduces the Signs of Aging and Moisturizes the Skin
To get younger looking skin and to get the skin moisturized, make use of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and this just works excellent as it has emollient properties. So, make use of this wonder oil and make your skin look younger and brighter.
13. Heals Scars
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is known for removing the scar tissue and discourage the growth of new skin and helps remove the scar permanently. Using this oil will make the fibrous tissue of the skin smooth thus making the scar less visible.
–> Jamaican Black Castor Oil Benefits for Health
This oil works on many health problems like muscle pains, respiratory problems, insomnia, menstrual cramps etc. Let us see some of the benefits of Jamaican black castor oil for health here.
14. Improves Respiratory System:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil will cleanse your lungs and improves the health of the respiratory system. Castor oil pack will help you resolve the problem by breaking down and drawing out the toxins stored as well as congestion from the lungs of your body.
15. Increases Digestion:
The Jamaican Black Castor Oil will act as a stimulating laxative and increases the intestine movements. Thus making the stool pass out easily and improves the digestive ailments. It will also give relief from constipation with the help of ricinoleic acid. Castor Oil pack works on the constipation as per one study.
16. Cures Insomnia
Jamaican black castor oil can cure the insomnia as per some sources. Using this oil will induce sleeping for long hours and reduces the insomnia.
17. Gives Relief from Menstrual Cramps
Using Black castor oil pack or Jamaican Black Castor Oil before 2 days of your period would address the menstrual cramps even before they start. So, make use of the castor oil pack given below and get relief from cramps.
18. Reduces Joint and Muscle Pains
Using Jamaican Black Castor Oil pack for any joint or muscle pain will work great and heals the pain. Check out the castor oil pack that we have listed in how to use section and make use of it for back pain or all muscle and joint pains and get instant relief.
How to Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil
-> Jamaican Black Castor oil for Hair
1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Moisturising
- Take 1 tbsp Jamaican Boil Castor Oil, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and half lemon juice. Slightly, warm all the ingredients on stove.
- Massage the scalp with the oil for atleast 10 minutes.
- Leave it for overnight or 30 minutes and rinse of your scalp and wash normally.
2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Strengthening
- Take dropper bottle, add 3 tbsp of Jamaican black castor oil and 1 tbsp of jojoba oil to it.
- Shake the two oils and using the dropper bottle apply the oil to your scalp to every partition of the hair.
- Massage your scalp after applying oil in circular motion.
- Place a shower cap on your head and leave it for overnight. Rinse and wash the hair in the next morning.
3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Eyebrows and Eyelashes
- Jamaican black castor oil for eyelashes and eyebrows is easy to use.
- Take a drop of Jamaican black castor oil with a cotton ball and apply it over your clean eyebrows and eyelashes and massage a little bit.
- Repeat it every night while you go to bed and you can see results soon.
4. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Breakage:
- Add some Jamaican black castor oil on your hands and gently massage it to your hair roots and scalp.
- Make sure the oil is spread all across the scalp properly.
- Cover the scalp with plastic wrap.
- Leave it for 2 hours or for overnight and wash it off in the morning.
- You can also mix this oil with other oils like jojoba and grape seed etc. with this oil.
5. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Split Ends:
- Take same amounts of Jamaican Black Castor Oil and mustard oil and mix them.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and massage it particularly over split ends.
- Cover the hair scalp with shower cap and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- After that wash the hair with shampoo.
6. Black Castor Oil for Dry Hair:
- Blend half avocado, add 4 tbsp of Jamaican black castor oil and 1tbsp of organic honey to it and blend them.
- Apply the mixture over the length of your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Then rise your hair.
- You can also add shea butter to the mixture for extra moisturizing.
7. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Damaged and Dull Hair:
- It requires massaging the warm Jamaican black castor oil for at least 2 to 3 times a week for overall health of your hair.
- Massage the oil to scalp, put a shower cap, leave it overnight and wash it off in the next morning.
8. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Beard Growth:
- Wash your face with regular face wash and warm water.
- Apply small amount of Jamaican black castor oil on your damp beard till the tip of the hair and massage in circular motion for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Leave overnight and wash it off with cold water next morning.
- Using Jamaican black castor oil for beard 2 to 5 times a week will give you good results.
–> Jamaican Black Castor oil for Skin
9. Jamaican Castor Oil for Acne
- Take generous amount of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and rub it in between the fingers to make it heat.
- Massage your face with this oil especially on the acne or problem areas and leave it off.
- Take a wash cloth and dip it in steaming water, wipe the oil away from the face with the cloth which should remove any dirt present on the face. Repeat it for one or two times.
- Do this for 2 times in a week.
10. Black Castor Oil for Chapped Lips
- Take 3 tbps of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, butter and 1 tbsp beeswax in a bowel and melt the ingredients in a bain-marie.
- Once it turns consistent, remove the mixture from the heat and add 5 drops of any essential oil to it.
- Wait till the mixture to cool and apply on the lips.
- You can store it on a container for further use.
11. Black Castor Oil for Reducing Aging Signs
- Using Cleanser, wash your face and pat it dry.
- Pour Jamaican Black Castor Oil on your palms and apply it gently on your face and massage the affected areas.
- Do this 2 times a day especially before bed time as it gives more benefit.
12. Jamaican Castor Oil for Treating Infections
- Apply generous amount of Jamaican Black Castor Oil along with small amount of baking soda on the infected area.
- This will give relief from the infection in case if you have toenails or moles.
13. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Healing Scars
- Clean the area affected with soap to remove debris and oil.
- Take some Jamaican Black Castor Oil at your fingers.
- Massage the affected area with this oil and not on the wounds.
- Remove excess oil from skin with cotton ball.
- Wash your hands and repeat this 2 times daily for atleast few weeks to see maximum benefit.
–> Jamaican Black Castor oil for Hair
14. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Respiratory Health
- Warm 8 ounce of Jamaican Black Castor Oil on stove.
- Take 12X6 inch strips of cotton cloth and soak it in oil.
- Lay down on plastic sheet and cover 3 to 4 strips on the lungs area i.e., covering the chest.
- Again cover this pack with one more large plastic cover and lay your heating pad on it.
- Allow them to stay for atleast 2 hours. Meanwhile move the pads left and right side.
15. Jamaican Castor Oil for Digestive Ailments
- Make the Jamaican Black castor Oil pack or the oil which will give your relief from constipation and other digestive problems.
- However, not all can make use of this oil especially those taking medications.
16. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Muscle and Joint Pain
- Take an old cotton or flannel fabric and warm the Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
- Saturate the cloth in the oil and place it around the affected area.
- Cover the cloth with a plastic cover and cover it with towel.
- Now, cover with heating oil pad.
- After an hour, remove the pack and wash the oil with baking soda and warm water.
- It works wonders for any of the joint and back pains but only as a temporary instant relief.
17. Black Castor Oil for Insomnia
- Rub one or two drops of Jamaican Black Castor Oil on your eyelids.
- Massage the oil and make sure that oil does not spread in to your eyes.
18. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Menstrual Cramps
- Take flannel fabric or cloth and apply Jamaican Black Castor Oil on one side of cloth.
- Make sure it is saturated and that it is at room temperature.
- Place the cloth with saturated side on the affected place i.e., for example on lower abdomen.
- Take big saran wrap and cover the cloth which will induce heat and works effectively.
- Now place the heating pad over the wrap.
- Allow the pack to stay for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the pack completely and clean the left over residue.
- You can use it for 4 successive days in a week for about a month.
- However, consult the doctor before using this remedy.
These are all the amazing benefits of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil for health, skin and hair and this is what is black castor oil used for in many ways. Though there are several advantages of this oil, there are few side-effects too which you should consider looking.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Side Effects
It is better to avoid using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil if you are allergic to it or if you have any allergies. As per few sources, Jamaican black castor oil do also have many other side effects as it is similar to castor oil. Let us now know few Jamaican black castor oil side effects here and when to avoid it.
- Using Jamaican black castor oil for some people is not good for their stomach as the ricinoleic acid present in the oil would arise gastrointestinal problems that would give rise to nausea.
- Jamaican black castor oil would sometimes cause severe diarrhea in few cases.
- Consuming Jamaican black castor oil during pregnancy especially more amount would lead to diarrhea and vomiting which will also make you dehydrated and pain would be sometimes danger for your baby. So, unless consulting your physician do not use Jamaican black castor oil.
- Also avoid using the Jamaican black castor oil during breast feeding.
- Sometimes, using this oil would cause irritation and itching on the skin that cause skin problems as per some researches.
- Consumption of the Jamaican black castor oil would cause general weakness in some people. So, check with your doctor and consume as per their advice.
Make sure to consult doctor before using this Jamaican black castor oil as it has the above listed side-affects and tell your complete medical history and take their suggestion.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil FAQs
Yes, it is good for hair as it has many benefits like moisturizing, strengthening of the hair and stimulates the hair growth.
As it is a variant of the castor oil, hope it would be used for hair daily.
Yes, Jamaican black castor oil would help the growth of the hair on the bald spots.
Yes, Jamaican black castor oil cold pressed.
As per few sources, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is said to be safe for using it on the babies’ hair.
One can buy the Jamaican Black Castor Oil from the online or from the nearest ayurvedic medical store or medical store. There are many top brands available in the market when it comes to this oil. So, buy a reputed brand after thorough research.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is beneficial in many ways for overall health, hair and skin if used properly. However, it do have few side effects in few cases as said above and so, it is recommended to consult and get the suggestion of a reputed physician or doctor before you start using the oil. Going with organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil benefits you and it would be safe too. So, go ahead and start using this product to see wonders.
Let us know how helpful this post is through the comment box is. Also post your queries or suggestions.