We would all certainly remember those spent during our childhood binging on the Amla pickle, Amla Murabba, and Amla candies prepared by our grannies and mothers, isn’t it? Amla or Indian Gooseberries are known to have abundant Vitamin C content in them. When you consume Vitamin C regularly, your immune system is going to be healthy. For an individual to fight against the diseases, it is important to have a stronger immune system. Thus, having Amla every day can actually help you build a stronger immune system and protect yourself from any disease-causing viruses. In the article, we have written extensively about the Amla candy benefits. Read through it and reap the benefits of Amla candy.
Table of Contents
Amla Candy Recipe
First of all, to understand the benefits of eating amla candy daily, you must have them stored in jars, and for that, you need to understand the preparation. Amla Murabba is one of the best dishes to make, but, generally, kids would want to binge on the Amla candies. They can be eaten like any other toffees. Mentioned below are the steps for amla candy preparation.
Amla and sugar are the only two ingredients that are required for the amla candy preparation.
Amla Candy Preparation
Now that we have gathered the ingredients, let us quickly understand how to make it.
- Take all the Amlas and wash them thoroughly
- Put them in a strainer and drain all the water
- Take water in a utensil and heat it until it starts to boil
- Soak all the Amlas until they are completely submerged inside the water and close the lid for 2 minutes
- Turn the gas stove off and rest the Amlas in the same vessel for five more minutes
- Remove the Amlas from the utensils and drain the water using a strainer, and this is one of the most important steps to be followed during the amla candy preparation.
- Slice them into halves and separate the kernels away from them
- Take the sugar and pour it into the utensil that contains Amlas and leave it overnight
- The next day morning, the solid sugar would have turned into syrup.
- Stir the mixture well and cover it using a lid for the next 2-3 days until it is completely seasoned
- Use a sieve and remove the soaked Amlas from the utensil and dry them in sunlight
- The dried Amlas can be further coated with powdered sugar and stored in air-tight jars
Well, this is the amla candy recipe, and anyone who is interested in reaping the benefits of dry amla candy can make these and binge on them as much as they want to without any guilt.
Well, now that we have understood the amla candy preparation, let us also quickly deep dive into the health benefits of amla candy.
Benefits of Amla Candy
There are a lot of Amla candy benefits that one can reap by consuming them regularly, and mentioned below are the major benefits of eating amla candy daily. Well, reading these benefits would certainly compel you to indulge in preparation of amla candy for sure.
1. Improves Immunity Power
Amla is loaded with Vitamin C, and any berries or fruits that contain vitamin C are known to boost the immune system. Hence, this is one of the health benefits of amla candy.
2. Rich Source of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins that are required by the body to function properly. Vitamin C is known to protect the body from harmful disease-causing germs and viruses. It makes the immune system stronger and also prepares the body to fight against the bacterial ailments. Common cold, dry cough, and fever can be easily combated by using Amla every day as part of your diet. Thus, this is one of the benefits of dry amla candy.
3. Promotes Bone Health
The formation of collagen in the body is highly essential for the proper development of bones. Foods that are beefed up with Vitamin C are responsible for the proper bone development in the body. Amongst all the other citrus fruits and berries, Amla is known to be highly rich in Vitamin C thus;, it helps in the normal functioning of the bones and the formation of collagen.
4. Improves Digestion
The regular consumption of Amla is known to release toxins from the digestive system. It also helps the liver to flush out the toxins from the body. Hence, if you want your digestive system to function normally, consume Amla candies regularly. Also, there are a lot of other components like Iron, Phosphorous, and Calcium as well. Hence, you would only find Amla candy benefits.
5. Boost Respiratory System Health
Since Amla increases the efficiency of the Immune system with its abundance of Vitamin C properties, common cold and cough would be kept at bay. Apart from that, the respiratory disorders can also be combated with the consumption of Amla as it has vitamin E and beta-carotene in it.
6. Promotes Skin and Hair Health
Most of the cosmetic industries use Amla in the manufacturing of their skin and hair-related products. Amla is high on Vitamin C, and it also has the properties of antioxidants, which s very good for treating skin related problems. Also, regular usage of Amla juice or consumption of Amla in any form is known to strengthen the hair radicals. It is also known to strengthen the roots of the hair and also keeps the scalp healthy.
Amla Candy Side effects
- For people with diabetes complaints, using Amla carefully is highly essential. Consumption of Amla regularly in excess can decrease the sugar levels drastically.
- Amla should not be consumed in excess for people with bleeding disorders. Amla has a tendency to increase the condition of bleeding in some cases.
- Anything in excess can lead to mishaps; hence, knowing the benefits of dry amla candy and consuming them in proper quantities would be beneficial.
Well, these are some of the amla candy benefits. After knowing all these things, we are certain that you would start using Amla as part of your diet, isn’t it? Amla is available in abundance, and you could also grow a tree in the backyard of your home. When there are so many benefits of eating amla candy daily, you must start working on it.